Friday, December 22, 2006

Smooth as Silk


Training normally began at 9:15am, but I got up early at 7am so that I could wake up to the smell of brewed coffee and delicious toasties. To be honest, I did not wake up to the smell..... technically.

I "sleep-walked" to my favourite French café located in the heart of Central Business District opposite Price Water House Buildings. I snuggled up at the corner and watching the grocers loading the daily produces and fruits at in front of the cafe. The delivery man chatted with the waitresses and teased the chef who was getting upset with the coffee machine. Two of the waitresses were telling each other about the party they attended the previous night. One of them is an Asian student. She mentioned something about her landlord. Outside the café, some of the early office warriors were walking to the offices. Many of them stopped by the cafe to grap their usual coffee elixir in brown paper cups.

My usual flat white was as smooth as silk. I always wonder why no barista in Malaysia could come close, not even from Dome. One bite into my cheese and ham croissant, I could feel the fresh juicy tomato teasing my pallette. I counted the varieties of bread on display. Looks like I need to stay for 55 days to sample all the iitems on the sandwich menu.

1 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Eternal Sunshine said...

Why not the same flat white? In my opinion, because the barista here kiam-kana and lazy lor. To make smooth flat white, you got to pack the coffee beans into the saucer for the drip. For the milk to be smooth, you got to steam the milk until it froth thoroughly in the jug. The first one requires you to be generous, the 2nd requires you to have strong arms to hold the jug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home