Sunday, October 22, 2006

What do you think?

My friend Bassam lamented that since the best way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, then shouldn’t fasting month be the best month to find husbands?

Another friend Margie reckoned that if we have to pay our parents for bringing us up, we will be in debt till we are 80. Think about it, my parents play the roles of driver, teacher, nurse, doctor , chef, tutor, carpenter, mechanic, banker, tailor, councillor, landlord, lawyer….oh boy, I am going to be in debt till 110.

I think If my parents have done a thorough ROI ( return on investment ) calculation on every single kid, neither me nor any of my siblings would have been born. Think about the cost of pampers, detergents, toys, fuel, school fees, food, clothes, and throw in frustration and all other uncontrollable and unforseen circumstances from puberty through various stages of us growing up.....the expenseses just skyrocket and the budget spreadsheet will run out of rows.

3 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Blogger Priscilla said...

Wah let me guess, for my kid no.2 it cost be $37 for a box of nappies and that last for maybe one month, multiply by 12 and times that by 3 again is already a fair bit. Wah, like tat, I will be owing my parents a huge debt (on top of inflation) that not even a bank loan can help.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Holi Wood said...

Someone left this comment on my blog the last time. You could convey this to your friend Bassam:

If u think the way to a man's heart is thru his stomach, u're aiming too high - Phil McGraw

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Vegie said...

Muahahahaha well said, holi wood! Shame on me...hanging out with Life-Trekker all this while, I SHOULD HAVE known this !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home