Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Is Australian Chinese ?

The 4-days training was at Mercure Hotel next. I thought I was in Singapore. There are far more black hair than “kwai-low”. Even the shop signs are outright ethnic. Most of the black hair are students. From their accent, I could tell some of them are mainland Chinese. They dress well and look apparently quite affluent.

Saw on BBC documentory a few days ago, there are 100 million migrants each year. The most popular destination is USA, UK and surprise surprise....UAE and Qatar. Countries with the largest brain drains are India and China. Guess they are right. I think in 100 years to come, the world will be neutralized with people of all decendents. Hopefully the concept of "bumi-putra" ( ethnic born ) will be used in association with fashion and food rather than for political means.

I had the most yummy beef noodles in one of sidewalk Vietnamese shops. Slurp slurp. Thanks to the immigrants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home