Sunday, December 24, 2006

Silent Night and Comfy Night

Is Christmas Eve 2006. I turned down party invitations, away from the shopping malls, took cover from crowded traffic, but snuggled up at home indulging in a special dinner I prepared for myself. May be I am getting old. May be I am not. But it is not too often I treat myself. Hence this Christmas should be the start of a new beginning.

I hardly cook and my kitchen is squeeky clean except for occassional cooking parties when I invite friends over. My sister in Australia has always taken interest in my recipe though she is one hell of a deadly cook herself. So I shall fulfull her wish.

Ingredients:
1. Salmon cut into strips ( You may leave it in large chunks but will take longer to cook)
2. String mushrooms ( either canned or fresh. You may use pasta instead if you are a carbo junkie )
3. Lotsa and lotsa of chopped garlic
4. Canned pineapples must be Buatan Malaysia because Malaysia boleh !
5. Instant cheese mix for gravy ( Ok, I know I am cheating... )
6. A bit of alfafa and chives

Method:
1. Turn on the stove fire, pour some olive oil in the pan
2. Put in the strips of salmon and simmer till there are brown edges around the salmon
3. Turn off the fire and placed the cooked salmon on a large serving plate
4. Now saute the garlice with the remaining oil in the pan
5. Throw in a generous string mushroom and stir fry them
6. Now add slices of pineapples
7. Scoop a few spoons of the pineapple syrup into the simmering pan to help make the sauce
8. When all are cooked, place the pineapples and mushroom beside the salmon
9. Decorate the dish with alfafa and chives which add a crunchy taste to the whole dish

Here you are, bon appetite !

1 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Priscilla said...

wah this dish look very good woh! i must give it a try!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home