Saturday, November 07, 2009

Saved by the Golden Retriever

One Sunny afternoon I was hiking alone up Gasing Hill. Walking briskly through the shady woods, I was stopped in my way by a hostile black dog. It looked like Blacky (dad's dog) but slightly taller and much younger. Too my horror he was inching towards me and barking even more loudly. The path was only enough for one person and there was no other side track that I could flee. I stood still and trying to keep calm, hoping that he will turn around and leave.

Just then, a golden retriever appeared behind him. The GR swaggered past the Mr. black dog and came towards me, sniffed at me for a while and looked up at me. The GR has very friendly eyes and I patted him on his head. He stayed close to me for a while. After a few minutes later, the GR went back to the Mr.Black and off the two went away. Now and then, the black dog would turned around to bark at me and ran to catch up with the GR.

I think these two gentlemen dogs might be from the houses down the hill. They both wear dog collars and tags. I suspect they have lost their way. I am thankful for the GR. Without him, I am quite certain the Mr.Black might attack me. But I am also amazed at the kinship the two dogs have between each other.

2 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger cat_aunty said...

This is a wonderful experience !

JJ

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger cat_aunty said...

Trust me, the black dog was more scared than u

 

Post a Comment

<< Home