Saturday, November 07, 2009

Eating in Perth

Eating in Perth's Priscilla Kitchen is like living in a 6-star holiday resort. It is not any resort, it is my sister's home. With stern warning, I forbid my sis or my brother in-law to take me out for dining because there are just better use of money. Besides sister is a great cook. The most memorable is the home-made pizza, though unfortunately I forgot to take pictures. Sister has a bread-making machine which helped to prepare the dough. Brother in-law kneaded the dough and a generous chef he is, topped the pizza with overflowing heaps of pineapples, hams, tomato, cheese, olives and shrimps. Biting into the pipping hot pizza fresh out from the oven in the cool evening of Perth's spring , it was better than any fine dining.

In another day, we had caramel pork belly with steam bun "man-tao". I was so stuffed that I thought my tummy was going to burst like a balloon.

But the very meal that blew me away was the breakfast prepared by my nephew JD and niece Chloe. Jayden learns how to cook in school. On a rather quiet Saturday morning, the two monkeys decided to crawl out of bed while all the suffering adults are trying to sleep over their week long stress. The two little ones fetched the milk from the fridge and poured it into 2 plastic colour bowls - one for for mommy and the other one for Aunty W. Daddy is out to help their uncle with marketing, so Daddy is spared. Deciding that corn flakes will get soggy if it was left too long, they sneaked up my room and peeped through the door with a cheeky grin, they asked "Are you awake Aunty Wendy ?"....So there I was sitting at the sofa in my pyjama, wtching Play school on TV with them, and slurpping my cornflakes from a kiddy orange bowl ! Their mommy chuckled and asked me how a soggy bowl of cereals taste like. I told her - it was yummy

1 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger cat_aunty said...

There are some great foods in Perth if you eat out

 

Post a Comment

<< Home