Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Madam Somboon


Madam Somboon is new in Sisa Asoke Village. She came to live here, according to her, because she would like to be closer to Buddha. But she is not a happy lady. She complained about how others in the village treated her. Sometimes she dines alone.

She has a very good complexion and I think she must be a beauty when she was young. She told me she did not have a happy marriage and brought up her daughter all by herself. Her daugher has married well and her son-in-law works for Unilever. I sometimes spotted her wearing a Unilever windbreaker. She is extremely proud of her granddaughter who calls her everyday on her mobile.

Madam Somboon's occupation was a photographer for the Bangkok Trade Daily. She has taken protraits for the King. I noticed that she was not familiar with digital camera because she was trying to look for the peep hole instead of that square digital screen behind the camera.

I hope she would settle smoothly in the Sisa Village soon. I sent this picture to her and in the note I wrote her I encouraged her to pick up photography again. She is afterall , still very young, at only 65, and with her keen eyes, she certainly could still make great work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home