Friday, August 08, 2008

Hitting "Small Men" (Villian)

I finally worked out what it was all about. I walk to work every morning. On the way to the office, I pass the market, one chinese orthopaedic, many breakfast eateries, and night clubs and sauna who are sending off their last few customers. But what caught my attention is always this lady under the driveway bridge. She sits on a large green mate beside burning incenses and two small statues of diety Guan Yin and the Tiger God and a vase of fresh flowers. She has the setup of a fortune teller but I know is too early for a fortune teller especially not one sitting right at the junction of morning rush hour.

Then a few days ago, I saw a customer sitting next to her on a tiny stool watching her beating a paper cut man with a shoe. Now I realize what she was doing - a supersitious ritual "hitting the small man" . Sister P call her the "hit woman". I wonder how much I need to pay to beat up the paper cut figures of our political leaders.

1 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger cat_aunty said...

Politicians need professionals to tackle lah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home