Sunday, July 06, 2008

Ordinary food extraordinary joy

June 19 I accompanied my little misbehaving womb to an operating room to face the scalpels welding surgeon and needles ready nurses. June 30 stiches removed and my 5 inches zipper on my belly and me met for the first time. Doctor said no bikini this summer but next year Langkawi Swimsuit model contest I may stand a chance. Overall my recovery is thankfully very speedy and now two weeks after the surgery my sister thought I glowed over the webcam. I did not tell her it was the special effect of the Malaysian hazzy sky light.

Regular meditation, medicinal supplements and mom's cooking has a lot to do with my speedy recovery. My fridge has never worked so hard in its entire fridge life to keep veg and fish fresh. Even the ant farm who has taken long suffering residence next to my sink rejoiced with the daily hustle and bustle of cooking and cutting in the kitchen. My mom has over the ten days in KL whipped my kitchen into shape and no single pots and pans dare to venture beyond their assigned positions. The little lizard which lives many months under my fridge popped its head out once or twice to look for straying corn bits and cut carrots.

Over the last few days, I watched Kungfu Panda, frequented the market, visited the bookshops and read, cook and sleep. I chatted with my sisters almost anytime anyday and tuned into every episode of Kitchen Make Over. I am truly having a holiday in my own home and I am enjoying it.

Here is a special vegetarian sandwich - panfried tofu and a special filling using sauteed red capsicum and bean sprouts, simmer over quick fire in Chinese rice wine and lemon juice and with generous dashes of herbs and spices. It is crunchy, flavourful and refreshing for a hot Sunday noon. Enjoy!

2 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Blogger JJ said...

Looks very delicious!

JJ

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger cat_aunty said...

Delish!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home