Saturday, November 10, 2007

Warm Pumpkin salad

Posted by Picasa
Business has been good but work-life balance takes a toll. Decided to declare a holiday yesterday 4pm because my brain was seriously dead. I had to turn a blind eye on two more folders of workshops scripts that are yelling to be completed and told Lilian my partner that I ain't going to work....at least not until Sunday 3:30pm when I need to fly to Bangkok for a training.

It is extremely easy to let leisure time succumb to pressure of work. My workaholic mind automatically cooperated by luring me away from yoga and fresh salad. Instead there is this lazy vocie that is inching me towards comfort food and TV.

Something decisive has to be done before I turned into a big fat coach potato, both physically and mentally. So pushed myself to get up at 7am and had a good talk with my workaholic brain so that it will simulate a holiday mood. Surprisingly it did work. I sat enjoying coffee and 3 books simultaneously, but no fashion or gossip magazines.

For dinner, I whipped up a warm pumpkin salad. It must have been implanted into my subconcious mind by the big Halloween pumpkin sitting at the supermarket entrace two weeks ago.

~ Ingredients ~
Pumpkin stewed with dried shrimps, shallots and garlic
Fresh salad
Raisin
Deep Fried white button Dutch mushroom
Balsamic vinegar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home