Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sautee Eggplant

I have always loved eggplants cooked in all sorts of ways: grilled, roasted, baked, fried. Only problem is I had trouble cooking them myself because it guzzles cooking oil in my hot wok. Recently while swtiching TV channels, I stumbled upon a Miss Big-Square-Glasses Kailey Kwang demostrating a stir fried vegetables the Cantonese style. She murmured something about rubbing eggplants with salt before cooking so as to extract the juice. I heeded her advice and viola ! The end-result was fantastic. With toasted buttery brioche from the bakery, it makes a perfect Sunday brunch.

Ingredients:
- 3 small cloves of garlic
- A quarter chopped onion for its natural sweetness and a small pinch of salt
- A handful of chopped parsely or rosemary
- 3 fresh button mushrooms or shitake mushrooms cut into strips
- 1 red tomato cut into cubes or several baby tomatoes (I prefer the firmer ones as they do not give too much juices)
- Half egg plant cut into strips and left aside with sprinkled salts for an hour before cooking
- Half a carrot cut into strips

Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger JJ said...

Wonderful for you to provide recipe.

JJ

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger pathfinder said...

It's creating juices in my mouth.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Priscilla said...

Ohhh yummmmm, I want! This Kylie Kwong is from Sydney. Some of her recipes are really yum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home