Sunday, September 30, 2007

Ramadhan goodies for Kasih Sayang Home

With Ramadhan approaching, I thought it would be a good idea to send goodies to the Welfare Home I help look after. Last time I bought the provisions from a warehouse in Cheras, a suburb about 18 km away from PJ. Since then I have not visited that place.

Hence on Saturday morning, aimed with a shopping list from the Home carer Ragu, I set off to the warehouse hoping that I would not lose my way in Cheras. However, after 40 minutes of circling around, I gave up and decided to buy the provisions from a huge Giant hypermarket. The advantage of buying from the warehouse versus the Hypermarket is the packaging. Unlike hypermarket, the warehouse offered 36 cans of milk packed in a cartoon box, or 50 packages of instant noodles in a carrier bag.

I bought :
  • 40 kg of rice
  • 5 big tins of Giant sweetened milk for them to make "kopi"
  • 60 packages of instant noodles , enough for them to lose their hair
  • 6 boxes of toothpaste with standard flavour, mint and supermint
  • 50 pieces of body soap with assorted varieties from lavender to strawberries
  • 2 big bottles of Dettol disinfectant
    Total price = RM221.88

1 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Priscilla said...

Vely good, vely good, the rice can be made into lots of ketupat or to eat with lots of kari ayam! The toothpaste to keep the teeth clean after all the raya food :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home