Saturday, August 04, 2007

Canvas of the Universe

I have been very unsuccessful in the past two months to maintain the higher aim of work life balance. Running the risk of my blog being taken over by cobwebs, I stole this picture from my buddy Excalibur just so that I can whip up a makeshift post.

A quick summary of what has kept me away from the blog: My business partners and I - the three dynamite and wacko ladies, have managed to close 3 major clients which would certainly keep us busy till next year. If we persist we just might reach our goal to start venturing into the region. We know there will be challenges, especially now with Catherine relocating to Penang. We however are confident and optimistic that we could manage. Anyway, it has been a miracle how three of us ladies have been able to achieve this far.

Just last Friday a friend who owns a restaurant has asked me to exhibit seven of my work in her restaurant. The hanging work will commence only next week. It is high time for my paintings to see the sun. My friend Pauli-two-Shoes has been pushing me to show my work to a local gallery who has shown interest. I guess the time is right now.

I have recently been dabbling with a designing a children English learning program for the Serendah Home. There are small progress and the children love it. Now with inspiration from my dear sister who is so creative with her approach, I am thinking of revamping my program. A rough sketch has been drafted ...and who knows , it may one day be a children book too.

With me still able to manage some time for yoga and an occasional swim, it has been good so far. For now, just small baby steps ....just like my mom once said "Slowly slowly catch the monkey". My version is "slowly slowly catch the gorilla"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home