Sunday, May 06, 2007

Birthday feast

Nothing beats home cooked meal, especially the one prepared specially for my birthday. Without fail, mom would prepare her famous curry chicken, a concoction of tender chicken meat and potato, simmering in a delicious reddish gravy of mixed spices, chilis and coconut milk. There is dad's favourite black sauce fried noodles which is also a traditional birthday dish to celebrate longetivity - a wish that I would like to extend to my parents.

The "pumpkin pot" is the latest addition to mom's long list of recipes. It is a mix stew of delicious shrimps and finely chopped meat, balanced delicately with crunchy cashew nuts, and sweet juicy pumpkin, frangrant chives and various unknown spieces. It is the most exquisite comfort food - ideal "perk me up" dinner dish especially during a stormy evening. Writing about it make my mouth water again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home