Saturday, August 01, 2009

Taste and texture

It does not take long for me to find out how difficult sometimes it is to make a flavourful healthy meal. One of the real challenges is to give a varieties of textures to the dish. I love stir-fried bean sprout leaves with a squirt of soya sauce. But that is a little bland to go with the fried dofu as both lacks the crunchiness. Ramaging through my fridge I found some cashew nuts and that makes a perfect combination. Fresh leafy vegies, wholesome dofu and crunchy cashews.

According to my trusty Reader's Digest food encyclopaedia (which I bought for my mom years ago but she didnt want it) cashew nut is good source of copper and magnesium that collectively reduce muscle cramps and improve immune system. Hmmmm I wonder if I could also conduct electricity after this meal with the copper in my body. But like everything, cashews are to be taken in moderation as it contains rather high fat content. Ooops....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home