Sunday, March 09, 2008

Don Quixote - an admirable hero or a self-inflicted fool?

It was almost midnight when I arrived. Most office buildings at Central Hong Kong Business district have their lights out but the roads are busy bustling with speeding taxis and huge party-going limo.

I am here to diffuse a resistance that is threatening to grind a business change project to a halt. Personally I don't think Hong Kong people will have problem to cope with changes. They are survivors judging from the history, culture and resilence that this island has proven to the world. It is the universal human thirst for power and control.

The drama that the resistance created in this project reminds me of Don Quixote attacking the windmills - tragic and courageous though in a futile way, I ponder as I stand in front of the queit Kowloon night. May be even a fighting beast needs a rest.

May this project finally emerges as calm and peaceful like this night. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home