Sunday, May 28, 2006

A New Star is born, or may be not ?

I was going to organize an art exhibition. High with all the encouragement from friends, I daydreamed I will become a overnight star in the art world. May be mine will be sold for millions and I will donate half to charity and the balance will allow me to live the rest of my life sipping margarita by the pool. Dream on. Here is the journey

I have been dabbling with oil for almost three years now and churned out pieces depending on what caught my flittering fancy at that time. My teacher Apollo says always that as artists we have a responsibility to exhibit our work in public whose feedback will fuel further artistic development of ourselves and help expand the circle of art lovers. When he brought it up again four weeks ago, my classmate Persian Lily and I thought a joint exhibition would be a fun thing to do.

I volunteered to design the theme and invitation cards while Persian Lily was made responsible to contact the Pusat Seni of Maybank. Pusat Seni is a non-profit gallery and was built specifically to provide young artists a space to exhibit their work. As Persian Lily works for an international bank with a rather elaborate job title herself, we reckon that she would have a default VIP pass to secure one of the most exclusive exhibition spaces in the Klang Valley. We could not have been more wrong. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Priscilla said...

Well, there's the aged old saying when one door shuts, another one will open. That whole sequence sometimes go for ages before you find one that finally opens. It will happen eventually, just takes time.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Vegie said...

Thank you Harimau. Time is a precious resource and impatience is my biggest enemy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home